The weather’s getting nice, so here’s one of my favorite recipes for easy indoor/outdoor grilling: chimichurri skirt steak with a zesty lemon herb marinade that takes just minutes to prepare. Are you giving this a try?
- 1½ pounds of skirt steak (about 2 medium steaks)
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon dry cilantro
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (fresh/bottled)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large flat baking dish or in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add the skirt steak and toss in the marinade. For a quick marinade, stab the meat using a fork or a paring knife to allow the seasoning to penetrate the steak.
- For outdoor grilling: Preheat your barbecue for at least 10 minutes on high heat; grill for 4 minutes on each side.
- For indoor grilling: Heat a grill pan/heavy duty pan on high heat for 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-high, then cook the meat for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Allow the meat to rest on a plate or cutting board for 5 minutes, then slice the meat thinly against the grain. Serve over a salad or in a sandwich.