Whether you’re chilling on the couch or prepping for brunch, you gotta head to the kitchen to make these gluten-free cinnamon munchkins right now! They’re a cross between a doughnut and a muffin, so fluffy and moist you won’t believe it!
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup nondairy milk
- ¼ cup oil (I use coconut/avocado oil)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a batter forms.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter into a greased mini muffin tray.
- In a food processor, blend the crumb topping ingredients until it looks like wet sand. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of crumb topping over each muffin.
Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes until a toothpick slides in and out clean. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before handling.