When I think quick and easy meals, I usually turn to Asian food. Like this peanut sauce Pad Thai! You’ll love the balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy that’ll hit the spot every single time!
- 1 cup peanuts (or 1/2 cup peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a saucepan, whisk the sauce ingredients over medium high heat for 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens like pancake batter. Allow to cool. (If using peanuts, heat up then blend all of the sauce ingredients.)
- Place the rice noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. After 5 minutes the noodles will soften. Drain the noodles really well and toss with the peanut sauce.