It’s no secret that my pickle obsession is real. I strongly believe that (most) things are better homemade, and here’s a solid sour pickle recipe to prove it
- 10-15 small Kirby cucumbers
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorn
- 4 cloves garlic
- In a bowl, mix the salt, vinegar, spices, and water together until the salt is completely dissolved.
- Wash the cucumbers, then cut in half or in quarters and place vertically in heat-resistant glass Mason jars along with some of the garlic.
- Fill the jars with the hot pickling liquid and seal them by capping them and flipping them over. Leave them flipped for about 20 minutes until the lids don’t pop or move up and down when pressed on.
- Allow the jars to cool down for two hours, and then refrigerate. **Resist the urge to taste until at least four days later!