For the salad:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 container cherry tomatoes,
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped
- parsley, plus more for garnish
For the dressing:
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, avocado, and parsley.
Make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, and garlic. Season with salt, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Whisk until combined.
Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss until salad is coated in dressing. Garnish with more parsley and serve.
Makes four servings; count each serving as a starch and a fat.