Pickled cauliflower brings back so many memories of my childhood. I remember walking into the Middle Eastern market stores and getting hit with the amazing smell of the garlic and spices. Of course, as an adult I love all things pickled. The only problem with these is that you don’t know when to stop eating them! They’re absolutely addictive!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium raw beet, quartered and sliced
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, peeled
For the pickling liquid:
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons salt
- Mix the pickling liquid until salt is completely dissolved.
- In large heat-proof jars, layer the cauliflower, beets, and garlic until the jars are packed, then pour the pickling liquid over it and seal.
- Leave on the counter overnight, then refrigerate. The pickles will be ready after 3-4 days.